Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008...

This is one of my favorite things to do after the new year starts. Sad that I'm not at a party as it's just three hours into 2009...

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Started exercising (for real) and jogged in the rain. (People who know how much I hate exercise will understand how big this really is!)

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Never make any resolutions. It's like setting yourself up for disaster :/

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my sister had a baby boy, Abbas. 

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but someone's death did change my perspective on life. 

5. What countries did you visit?
Boring year this was in terms of travel. Macedonia and Turkey. That's it. Just two! 

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
For the last two years this has been the same answer, a laptop, but I now have a very cool laptop, so I'm thinking I now want a PSP. I'm so materialistic! Actually, some direction in life wouldn't be too bad. 

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 4. I moved back home after almost six years away. 

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making healthier lifestyle choices. 

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not managing my money & time better.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My handbag collection. I'd say laptop, but I'd be lying. 

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
AIESEC Lahore's, mostly. They made me very proud again this year :) 

13.Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one can get me down. 

14.Where did most of your money go?
Clothes, bags

15.What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My family vacation to Istanbul, and then the reunion back home for Eid. 

16.What song will always remind you of 2008?
Hmm..."Pappu can't dance", the "Race" soundtrack, "I kissed a girl" by Katy Perry, "I'm yours" by Jasan Mraz

17.Compared to this time last year,
I. are you happier or sadder?
Happier

II. thinner or fatter?
Thinner

III. richer or poorer?
Richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Socialize. 

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sleep. I've slept over 10 hours every day since I moved back. 

20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No

21. How many one-night stands?
Nil

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. 

23. What was the best book you read?
Hmm...Twilight and it's entire series was definitely the most interesting read. I read each book in 6-8 hours, usually by staying awake all night. 

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Katy Perry, Jason Mraz

25. What did you want and get?
The new laptop :) 

26. What did you want and not get?
Can't think of a thing.  

27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Ahh...I saw a lot of movies, so this is really tough to pick. Kung-fu Panda was great, so was Tropic Thunder. Mamma Mia was very fun to watch. In Indian movies, Jaanu Tu.. was great, and Race was a definite entertainer. 

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent all day shopping and then had dinner with my parents. I turned 25, which was apparently a surprise for my dad as he thought I was younger then that. Ha! 

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a little more direction in life. Right. About. Now. 

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
It evolved a bit. I'm a little more concerned about what I wear, and I blame the new handbags as they are too good for normal clothes. However, I am still the jeans/t-shirts kinda gal I was a few years ago, just a little (teensy little bit) more polished. 

31. What kept you sane?
Myself :) It's weird to say this, but I spent more time with myself then I have ever in my life, and I definitely kept myself sane :) 

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Shia Labeouf. Robert Pattinson is a close second, but he's a little too pretty. 

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Our wonderful President, Mr Zardari, and the US elections. 

34. Who did you miss?
I miss my gang from LUMS. Mostly Naureen/Ammar since I do meet Kirmani here and there, but also Saif and the rest. 

35. Who was the best new person you met?
I'm completely lost here. I met a lot of new people, but none of them really left an impression so I'm going to have to say no one, and then go out in search of a life. :)

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
I learnt that I'm completely happy when I'm on my own, but to get there I first needed to learn to love myself. (As Sohaib would say, "what fluff!")

No comments:

 
do0dle do0dle - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger